2016 SSHS Cross Country Season
- Thurs. August 18th–Highlands High Invite, Sugar House
- Wed. August 31st–Home Meet at Pine Valley 4:00 pm
- Sat. Sept. 3rd–BYU Autumn Classic 8:30 am
- Wed. Sept 7th–Oakley School at Oakley Rodeo Grounds 4:00 pm
- Team photos Sept. 8th at practice
- Sat. Sept. 10th–Wasatch Invite at Soldier Hollow 8:30 am
- Wed . Sept. 14th–North Summit Invitational 4:00 pm
- Sat. Sept. 17th–Dirty Dash, Soldier Hollow (optional-sign up on your own)
- Wed Sept 21st–Providence Hall 4:00 pm
- Friday Sept. 30–Park City Invite-Round Valley 3:00 pm
- Wed Oct. 5–Titan XC Meet, Girls at 3:30 pm, Boys at 4:00 pm in Lakeside Park in Orem
- Thurs. Oct. 13–Regions-Scera Park in Orem 4:00 pm
- Wed. Oct. 19–State Meet-Sugar House, Salt Lake City 11:00 am
Practices: Begin 2:35 at track, usually finish 4:15-4:30 pm (4:00 on day before meet, 5:00 on trail days.) Attendance at practices and meets mandatory unless absent or at other sport.
If you are in another sport, you must be able to run in at least 4 of the 8 regular meets and attend practice at least once/week.
On your own workout Sat or Sun: run, swim, bike, X-training, etc.
One day/week rest day or easy bike ride
Good nutrition: breakfast & lunch–avoid carbonated beverages, drink lots of water
Iron often lacking in athletes–using cast iron cookware helps
Eat at least 2 hours or more before racing–don’t skip lunch, drink extra water
Get enough sleep (8-10hrs), especially the 2 nights before meets
- RegisterMyAthlete.com Can’t run in any competition unless registration is complete.
- Runnercard.com for meet time/location info on large meets
- RunningAhead.com for weekly mileage log; 200-Mile Club from Aug.19 to Oct.19 =3.5mi/day avg
- Must be eligible according to rules for UHSAA and SSHS (see school handbook)
- parents/runners in community welcome to run with us
- Camp Cookout Aug. 31 after home meet, End-of-Season Banquet Monday, October 24
- Music: can bring to share on bus or during warmup (no headphones during workouts.)
- Open race at Park City Invite Sept. 30–parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, etc.
- Athletes must ride bus to meets and strongly encouraged to ride bus home (need release form)
- Questions? Coach Dean (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Coach Willis (email@example.com)